If you are working as a blogger or a writer in any magazine or newspaper, you’ll find yourself asking whether you need to add an image to your content or not. The answer is “Yes”. Relevant Images in any content always brings a piece of writing to life and contribute to the establishment of a website’s SEO. Images also provide the best experience to all the readers therefore image search is an important and challenging task for every content creator.
Images will help all the potential readers to develop a comprehensive understanding quickly. As per the old saying “A picture is worth a thousand words” we can certainly say that a picture can spice up dull and boring words and make every social media post more enticing.
Adding images with the help of an image search technique makes content more appealing. And whenever you have visual content in your data it will put SEO a bit higher.
The new interface of Google Images has new filters, metadata, and attribution which shows that Google progressively knows what’s in an image and how that particular image will fit into the larger context.
SEO tips for optimizing the right image
Content creators post images to show up in search results more quickly and it helps to draw more traffic to their websites. Some of the useful tips to find the right images are as follows:
- Pick an appropriate Format
Before generating an image search make sure you’ve chosen the best file type according to your content. Even though there are several image formats such as PNG and JPEG for the web content. Every format has its pros and cons. Just pick the format and then generate an image search. For instance, PNG produces better-quality images for all the large files. Whereas JPEG gives you the option to adjust the quality level to find a good balance. WebP image format supported by Chrome as well as Firefox. So just pick one and then generate the image search.
- Use Image File Names
Searching by using descriptive keywords is vital. You must search by using relevant names and then you must customize your image file name after adding them to your content. Whenever you search for images by using a specific name it will alert Google and another search engine as to the subject matter of the image. Usually, searching by using a file name such as “IMG_722019” or something similar makes a searching process very particular for a specific topic.
- Write SEO-Friendly Alt Text
You must use Alt tags to search relevant images. They serve as an alternative to images and bring out all those relevant photographs which have the potential to describe the contents. Furthermore, using alt tags is also advantageous to the overall on-page SEO strategy as it helps users to see what the image is supposed to be.
Adding appropriate alt tags to the images supports your website to achieve better rankings in the search engines by connecting keywords with images. Alt tag provides Google all the useful information about the image which proves to be very helpful to determine the best image to return for a user’s query.
Alt text will always be viewable in the cached text version of the web page. It is beneficial for both users and search engines. For further SEO value, the alt text also serves as the anchor text of an internal link whenever the image links to another page on the site.
Use an AI-Image Search Tool to find the right Images
AI-based reverse photo lookup tools are one of the best options to carry out image searches quickly and accurately. Duplichecker offers a tool for reverse image search that enables you to perform an online image searching process. Search by image via this online tool helps you to get an exact picture with its reverse Search. DupliChecker’s photo search tool allows you to carry out several functions free of cost and deliver the most up-to-date results, including images and other relevant data. This image finder finds images on the web with the top three and biggest search engines, which are Google, Bing, and Yandex.
Importance of Right Image
- Every article needs an image that must be relevant to its subject. For instance, if a content creator is adding a random photo just to accomplish a green bullet in the Yoast SEO plugin’s content analysis, then for sure he is doing it wrong. Every added image must reflect the topic and have very illustrative purposes within the article. Similarly, always try to place the image near the most relevant paragraph.
- The image search technique serves as the most suitable option to find relevant images from all over the web. However, the better thing to do is to use original images or the photos you have taken yourself as compared to the stock photos.
- Whenever you have the main image, try to place it near the top of the page to achieve a good rank more quickly.
- If your image has a related text rank, then it will be better for the keyword it is optimized for. It is also important to optimize the site images as fully as possible.